Mission, Vision, Focus
Students served by The Governor Morehead School for the Blind will achieve their highest individual potentials through on-going assessments and consistent, enthusiastic practice of high expectation in both academic and Expanded Core Curriculum* areas.
The Governor Morehead School for the blind will encourage all students to strive for the highest levels of educational excellence and integrity in all of life's endeavors, as exemplified by the professionals who serve them.
This state school for the blind will provide the right resource for the right student at the right time by:
- Educating the total student through service delivery models including preschool class for birth-age five(5), public school settings, long and short-term on-campus placements and K-12 residential and day placements
- Utilizing modern distance education classroom and state-of-the-art, vision specific technology
- Serving as a readily available child advocate to parents and professionals
- Partnering with North Carolina Central University and other higher education partners or schools for the blind to improve the professional development center in providing qualified professionals in the vision field
- Providing scholars a setting for research in the field of visual impairment education
Adopted by The Governor Morehead School Board of Directors on February 19, 1998; Nov. 10, 2014.